Judas and the Black Messiah Review (YouTube) + Favorite shots.

 Movie of the Year thus far!

As stated in my review, this film's cinematography is drop dead gorgeous! I scanned the web, but there aren't really alot screencaps of the favorite shots I described, but I'll still post examples of what speaks to my point!!

Brilliant framing and lighting! No this is not a photo, this a screenshot from the movie.


Perfection! God I love this shot! This sequence was definitely made in a storyboard to perfectly frame it this way.


Aside from this powerful ass message and performance that brought tears to my eyes, its photographed beautifully. During the entire speech, the scene is captured in an array of static shots that build emotion and tension throughout. What a way to capture such a dialogue heavy sequence.


Love the color usage in this shot. This really speaks to how you can create a mood and look via wardrobe. You can tell who's in charge and where the focal point is.


Excellent blocking from not just a stylistic perspective, but setting the tone for the sequence.


Once the film hits bluray, there will be more stills available. Can't wait to revisit the cinematography with all the other glorious shots.

Have you seen Judas and the Black Messiah? If so, what did you think? As always, thank you for reading!

Comments