Lil Baby Kinda got Drake outta Here on "Wants & Needs" + "Scary Hours 2" Review.

 Whew... Lil Baby did not come to play on this Drake record!



Drake dropped a new 3 pack 'Album' last week (review below) but I need to talk about Lil Baby's verse. That's saying alot because Drake's verse was dope too. The first 4 bars he uses a non-cholent multi syllable rhyme scheme but when the kick drops in, that's when Drake kicks it up a notch. But then.... My mans Baby hopped on that joint and kept the same energy the entire time!

"I'm not  the GOAT but I fit the description!"

When this bar hits, that's when it hit me, 'Oh he's not playing. He rap rapping.'  Feels like he has some sort of chip on shoulder which is weird because Drake and Lil Baby have shared tracks together. I mean, Baby kinda blew up because Drake gave him an assist. Drake tap danced on 'Yes Indeed' & stole the shine so maybe this is payback because he then follows with:

 "I'm making hit after hit while I'm chilling.. But I'll send a hit while I chill with my children.." 

THAT'S FIRE!!!!! 

He finishes off the verse relentlessly. Let me tell you this, to rap rapid fire in the format he's doing (breaking one bar down into two without a pause) is NOT easy to do. He may have punched in and out but that's still a taxing to rhyme like that for 4 plus bars. I'm not an avid listener of Lil Baby so he may have other verses on this level but he has a classic verse in my book now. Check my full review of Drake's "Scary Hours 2" below.



Comments