Onslaught Visuals Going CRAZY!
What's good everyone.
Trailer 2 for "Onslaught" dropped yesterday & I've been obsessed with the visuals since I saw it. Before I get into that, first things first, check out my trailer reaction to get the jest of just how excited I am!
Now, as I've done in so many of my posts, I have to talk about how visually stunning this movie is based on the trailer.
I love the rich neon colors here from the dusty yellow gas station pump lights to the fluorescent orange red illumination from the restaurant. The icing on the cake is that little piece of dusk peaking over top of it all.
Whew, I love this shot. It feels like a combination of Halloween 78' with Michael Myers standing in front of the house, with quite literally, "The Fog" in both reference & the visual.
This is the crazy doctor performed by Dan Stevens. This is one hell of a creepy design, and I love that the entire design is still hidden behind the smoke. Which makes the whole shot that much more eerie.
What they did with the eyes on these demonic soldiers is so dope. Such a small details creates a very subtle, yet unsettling appearance. It's the easiest way to separate human from whatever the hell these super soldiers are.
I dig that the (what seem to be) flashbacks are in greyscale, which clearly separates the past from present. It's nothing we haven't seen before but I like the added touch. This frame in particular, shows off just how much of a beast, "The Butcher" is, even in his human form.
More of the same of what I mentioned before but it's all in the eyes. I am very interested to know what they did in camera and/or in post to make the small ghostly glimmer in their eyes, so visible in the non-masked shots. Clearly, with mask, you can use certain lenses in the eye socket to get that look, practically. I am curious!
I am gushing over these freaking heavily fogged silhouettes, Ah! I'll always like to praise these shots because I feel the most folks see these images and assume they didn't take much to film. Contrary to belief, you've got to light the scene perfectly for the shadow to show up this visible or it'll get completely devoured by the darkness. Last but not least, boy oh boy, is that a sight you would not want to see lol.
I love the depth of field here. The focus on the gun lets us know, that this is all that matter rather than who's behind it. Also, what the heck kind of gun is this? It's like a revolver desert eagle mix, which is suited for the setting.
I mean, c'mon! Look at how gorgeous these frames are. Again, the fog & helicopter lights billowing all around with the light kissing enough of the scene to see those starry-eyed super soldiers.
I'm pretty sure this is someone being burned alive but it's truly amazing the images you can find when you press pause at the right time. Capturing an excruciating death scene mid movement, paints such a haunting, yet trippy image. It's safe to say, these dudes are not f***ing playing.
More smokey settings with soldier shadows in full frame but the color shifts than the shots before it. We have one in a rusty brown & another in kind of an olive color. I've got nothing else to explain that i haven't already, but this is a cool a** shot, man.
Until next time, Peace!


















Comments
Post a Comment